Tuesday 18 October 2011

Giuliana Rancic: I Have Breast Cancer

Giuliana Rancic: I Have Breast Cancer

The red carpet host and reality star shared the news this morning on the “Today Show” while discussing her attempts to start a family with husband Bill Rancic through in-vitro fertilization.


“Through my attempt to get pregnant for the third time, we sadly found out that I have early stages of breast cancer,” said Rancic. “It’s been a shock. A lot of people have been asking, ‘We saw that you went and got IVF, are you pregnant?’ But sadly, we’ve had to put that off.”

Rancic was alerted to the cancer after her IVF doctor recommended she get a mammogram.

She will undergo surgery this week, to be followed by six weeks of radiation treatment.

Rancic’s prognosis is good, thanks to early detection.

“I still want this baby… because this baby has saved my life,” she said. “I truly feel God was looking out after me… If I had gotten pregnant later down the line, I could have been a lot sicker.”